Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [ATTENTION] Why BMRF won't be able to host DayZ standalone servers

[ATTENTION] Why BMRF won't be able to host DayZ standalone servers

They're only letting major GSP's host SA, which means no SA for BMRF. It's sad as we'll probably have to downscale significantly, if not close our doors entirely due to not being able to afford our hardware.

It's depressing to see Rocket do this to the people who made DayZ what it is today.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1sttuh/dayz_sa_server_hosting_explained/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1stsr5/xpost_from_vg_someone_leaks_a_pdf_file_claiming/

We will be downgrading our server hardware shortly so we can try and survive in some way, shape or form.
    Last edited by Jamie; 12-14-2013 at 04:54 AM.

What. A. Dick. Move.

Fuck that. I'll still be here playing Epoch for as long as BMRF hosts it.

I really hope they realise this is a massive mistake and see sense. This seems like a huge "fuck you" to a lot of people that made Dayz popular and would have done the same for SA too.
    Last edited by Jamie; 12-13-2013 at 11:56 PM.
    Zombies, its all fun and games until someone gets bitten.

SA was looking less promising as it went on anyway.

BMRF should consider moving to other games. My old Freelancer Community, Shattered Worlds, faced a similar problem when traffic on FL wasn't worth paying for the server. Instead of going under they started up a gaming community - servers and clans on a bunch of different games as well as laying the foundation for a Freelancer Themed Mod when Star Citizen drops.

I think this decision - if the continue forward with it will kill SA before it even gets off the ground, BMRF will still be relevant when SA releases.
    Last edited by Cobalt; 12-14-2013 at 12:50 AM.
    "Did I ever tell you the definition of 'insanity'?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    SA was looking less promising as it went on anyway.

BMRF should consider moving to other games. My old Freelancer Community, Shattered Worlds, faced a similar problem when traffic on FL wasn't worth paying for the server. Instead of going under they started up a gaming community - servers and clans on a bunch of different games as well as laying the foundation for a Freelancer Themed Mod when Star Citizen drops.

I think this decision - if the continue forward with it will kill SA before it even gets off the ground, BMRF will still be relevant when SA releases.
    We've tried, only success so far is with rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    We've tried, only success so far is with rust.
    BF4 seems to be popular when it cooperates. Start a Planetside Outfit, a Squadron on War Thunder. Get a guild running on WoW, start making waves in Star Citizen. There are places for BMRF to go should this ship sink.

LIL B BASED GOD WANNABE IXxHODGES's Avatar
    BF4 seems to be popular when it cooperates. Start a Planetside Outfit, a Squadron on War Thunder. Get a guild running on WoW, start making waves in Star Citizen. There are places for BMRF to go should this ship sink.
    There already is 2/4 of those already running. BMRF has a PS2 outfit and a WoW group.
    Youtube.com/user/IXxHODGES

Quote Originally Posted by THEREALJOSHHODGES View Post
    There already is 2/4 of those already running. BMRF has a PS2 outfit and a WoW group.
    Thought there was a BF4 server too.

LIL B BASED GOD WANNABE IXxHODGES's Avatar
    Thought there was a BF4 server too.
    No one played it so it closed I think.
    Youtube.com/user/IXxHODGES