Thread: DayZ Epoch - Safe Disappeared

DayZ Epoch - Safe Disappeared

At around 5:00pm ET on server 1, I was unlocking a safe and it vanished in front of my eyes. It apparently happened to a few other people as well, though their safes were not unlocked or, as far as I know, being accessed when it happened. I decided to wait until a restart to see if it was just a glitch and would come back. After the server restarted, the safe did return, but was missing a good portion of the items in it (mostly just the rarer or more important stuff, strangely). The items were not all items that were added during the last restart, some had been in there for a day or more.

Jared [BB]

Paladin of the Wasteland & Voice of Reason for the Bawdy Buccaneers

Honestly I have no clue what is going on. I'm looking at the safes just fine in the database. You were waiting a few seconds prior to locking them right? I read somewhere on the Epoch forums that causes issues sometimes. I am emailing you the contents I see in the DB.

MadHatter05
    pu2X2RN.pnggbWsXlj.pngexxYmAt.pngiTjAAmf.pngcCUxOQY.png
    Gamer, Streamer, IT Professional.

I may have found the issue.

1 safe in the main safe list had a inventory of [] instead of a normal empty inventory of [[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]]

Please inform me the safe statuses in this thread after the next restart. Thank you.

MadHatter05

The inventory you e-mailed me was correct for what was in there after the safe reappeared, but not what was in it before it vanished. No items have returned since the most recent restart either. I have no idea what happened.
    Jared [BB]

Paladin of the Wasteland & Voice of Reason for the Bawdy Buccaneers

Had the same issue today as well, every item that takes up a weapon slot in the safe got deleted. Everything else is still in it. The issue happened at about 20:50 CET.

Edit: The fix didn't work MH.
    Last edited by Niggurath; 09-11-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niggurath View Post
    Had the same issue today as well, every item that takes up a weapon slot in the safe got deleted. Everything else is still in it. The issue happened at about 20:50 CET.

Edit: The fix didn't work MH.
    Spoke to you in TS. You guys cant have multiple people opening / closing the safe rapidly. It will make it so the safe does not save or pull from the database properly.

MadHatter05